How to Help Houseless Women During a Pandemic
How to Help During a Pandemic
- Pay it forward with your stimulus check – If you have not been impacted financially by COVID-19, please consider donating your stimulus check to Rose Haven. We had a guest who donated $100 as soon as she got her check this week! When we tried to give it back to her she said “you have done so much for me, please let me do this.” The most impactful way to help is by making a financial donation.
- Drop off supplies 9am and 12pm Monday – Friday at 1820 NW Irving Street – To ensure social distancing we are accepting limited donations in the building adjacent to Rose Haven. If you would like to schedule a drop-off email email@example.com and check out our top needs.
- Purchase outdoor supplies from Next Adventure and support a local retailer – If you can’t make a financial donation, consider donating supplies from our wish list. Next Adventure is a local, small business you can support that is offering a 50% discount to Rose Haven supporters who are purchasing supplies to donate and they will ship to us directly.
- Support our meal program and local business through Feed it Forward PDX – Toro Bravo Inc. launched a meal train sponsorship program for Portlanders facing food insecurity during the COVID-19 pandemic. Sponsored meals are prepared at PLAZA DEL TORO for select nonprofits serving Portland’s homeless and vulnerable populations. They are also offering sliding scale pay-what-you-can-afford (including free) meals at Toro Bravo Inc restaurants for anyone in need, and offering free food bags available for pickup at PLAZA DEL TORO for anyone in need Fridays from 2-4PM at 1203 NW Glisan.
- Support our meal program and local business through Elephants Good Neighbor Menu – Our longtime partners at Elephants Deli have created lower-priced “Good Neighbor” menu packages for individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations who want to support their community and buy/donate food to vulnerable populations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you’d like to place a delivery order using this menu. Prior to the pandemic, Elephants was our strongest partner sustaining the nutrition program.