Mission and History
A community where everyone has safety, stability, love, health, and home.
To provide day shelter, resources, emotional support, and community connections to women, children, and marginalized genders experiencing homelessness and poverty.
Our Commitment to Equity
Equity and inclusion are central to our programming, and we focus our efforts on those most vulnerable and marginalized. We welcome guests of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, class, ethnicity, faith, culture, language, marginalized gender identity, sexual identity, ability, citizenship status and other identities and experiences.
- Compassion: Rose Haven welcomes each person by embodying respect, openness, empathy and a non-judgmental approach to our work.
- Individual Worth: The life and varied experiences of every person is deeply valued and supported. We work towards ensuring the guests of Rose Haven feel recognized with a sense of dignity, belonging and acceptance that values their individual choice.
- Reconciliation: All members of our community commit to valuing one another through respect and forgiveness, and we offer a process for guests to learn and redirect behaviors towards reconciliation with themselves and others.
- Zeal: (Love in action). Rose Haven embodies this energy through a holistic, person-centered, trauma-informed lens. We strive to provide support focused on guests strengths, avoid re-traumatization, and promote safety, healing and empowerment.
- Community: As a community based organization that includes guests, agency partners, volunteers, staff, donors and stakeholders, Rose Haven recognizes that our collaborative efforts are essential to fulfill our mission.