BECOME A VOICE OF THE ROSE HAVEN COMMUNITY THROUGH OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rose Haven is seeking board members who can help speak to our mission of providing day shelter, resources, emotional support and community to women, children and marginalized genders experiencing homelessness and poverty.
Rose Haven’s board provides governance that has a dual focus of realizing the agency’s social mission while ensuring its viability. The Board of Directors are advocates and ambassadors fully engaged in providing guidance to the agency’s leadership, securing financial resources, strategic planning, human resources and partnerships necessary to advance its mission.
Rose Haven is looking for board members who have specific backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, those who are champions to the importance of exceptional leadership and believe each member contributes specific skills to fully realize Rose Haven’s potential. This includes:
- Those with a legal background to help with policies, procedures, human resource support, etc.
- Those with marketing and public relations backgrounds to be a voice in promoting our services to the community
- Those who have experience and interest in promoting the ongoing financial health through fundraising, grants and events
- Those with financial background, offering expertise in nonprofits budgeting as well as investment opportunities including endowments, planned giving, etc.
- Those who represent major hospital or care settings, have understanding of the intersection of homelessness and health and are looking to address inequities within our systems
- Those with city, county or government experience or policy work as it relates to our service and population served
- Those with lived experience relevant to our work with people experiencing homelessness, housing insecurity, poverty, and domestic and sexual violence
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to carefully review Rose Haven’s mission, values and purpose. Contact Kathy Kelly, board president, at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and to begin the process. All board appointments will be reviewed by a committee of the board and applicants will be moved forward by a simple majority.