Immediate Opening: Advocate Position
Rose Haven is seeking a passionate, outgoing, responsible, and experienced professional to provide Advocacy and Front-Desk Triage/Intake coordination. The Advocate will work with women, sometimes with children, who may be experiencing homelessness and are in need of a safe setting to find refuge and resources during the day.
- Work with the Program Manager in developing and implementing programs and advocacy services for guests
- Work with the Program Manager in developing and implementing a training calendar covering relevant topics such as mandatory reporting, conflict resolution, suicide prevention and other assorted topics
- Work 1:1 with guests experiencing crisis or escalated states
- Leadership and support of program assistants within Rose Haven’s policies and guidelines
- Develop and maintain good relationships more than 100 partner agencies
- Daily rotation on front desk that includes greeting guests and triaging their need
- Cross train and rotate (as needed) in all program areas, including but not limited to: shower program, triage/intake, runner and meal program
- Provide direct support for all new and returning guests through intakes and advocacy
- An understanding or willingness to learn about local resources and establishing networks and linkages with collaborating agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Click here for a comprehensive list of responsibilities, qualifications and benefits.
How to Apply:
Applications accepted until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 25, 2018. No phone calls please. Only applicants that receive an interview will be contacted.