Thanks to your support, in 2017 we once again served a record number of women and children in need. 3,383 women and children visited Rose Haven 20,389 times. This is 6% increase over 2016 and a 31% increase over the past 3 years.
Here is a snapshot of Rose Haven’s services from 2017:
– 3,383 women and children visited Rose Haven 20,389 times for supplies and support
– 20,106 nutritious meals were served
– 4,473 one-on-one advocacy appointments held which resulted in housing, employment and life saving referrals
– 5,105 hygiene kits distributed
– 5,442 individual shopping appointments held for women and children
– 5,101 visits for educational & socialization classes and activities
– Began operation of 2 private shower units and expanded services into the Fellowship Hall
Overall, the number of children we served increased by 20% in 2017- 857 children relied on Rose Haven last year for safety, supplies and support. Unfortunately, this reflects what is going on in our community.
The number of homeless students in Oregon increased 5.6 percent in 2017,The increase to 22,541 students without a permanent home of their own represents four solid years of growth in such students — and the continuation of more than a decade-long trend. Families with children made up 15.7 percent of those who were experiencing homelessness.
In the fall we distributed guest surveys to help us evaluate guest satisfaction and determine future programming. 99% of our guests said that they feel welcome at Rose Haven and would recommend our services to others. 98% of guests said that the environment is clean and comfortable at Rose Haven, know that their safety is a priority and that we have services that meet their needs.
Thank you to the community who made this possible. We have a lot of work ahead of us in 2018!